TSA & Screening
The TSA Security Checkpoint generally opens 1.5 hours prior to scheduled departures. We recommend arriving at the airport 60-90 minutes prior to departure depending on if you have bags to check prior to security.
TSA & Passenger Screening
To help make your trip as seamless and easy as possible, be sure to check out these tips from the Transportation Security Administration.
NOTE: A change to REAL ID requirements has occurred. Beginning October 1, 2021, passengers will be required to present a REAL ID compliant drivers license or a valid passport in order to fly domestically. The REAL ID is an upgraded version of the drivers license or identification card that enhances security and identity management. For more information on how to obtain a READ ID and what documentation you will need to present at the DMV, please visit the Wisconsin DOT website here.
Our airport participates in the TSA Pre-Check program to help you get through security faster. Make sure to include your KTN (Known Traveler Number) on your flight reservation. La Crosse Regional Airport is not a TSA Pre-Check Enrollment Center. Visit TSA's website to learn more about how you can enroll.
La Crosse Regional Airport announces a TSA Pre-Check event September 21-25, 2020!
A mobile TSA Pre-Check event will occur September 21 to 25, 2020. This event is available by appointment only and no walk-up appointments will be allowed. Location is in the main Airport Terminal Building at 2850 Airport Road, La Crosse.
To participate in the event, please follow the steps below. Please note that appointment times will not be available until 30 days before the scheduled event.
- Click here to access the application page
- Click “Start Application Now”, then click “New Enrollment”
- Fill out Steps and choose “Next” at the bottom of each screen
- Type in your location at Zip code/City/Airport Code box – search
- Choose location “La Crosse Regional Airport” and click “Next”
- Select your desired appointment time (Please be sure to make note of your appointment time, no reminders will be sent out
Please be aware of the following in consideration of current public health guidance, enrollees should expect the following during this TSA Pre-Check event:
- Masks are required in the Airport Terminal Building.
- No walk-ups will be allowed, as this leads to larger than advised gatherings of people.
- Only one enrollment will be conducted at a time.
- Data collection will be conducted by electronic device.
- The enrollment station will be disinfected between each enrollment.
- Staff performing the enrollment will be wearing appropriate PPE.
- Hand sanitizer will be available for enrollees.
The La Crosse Regional Airport features a full body image which provides a better customer service experience for those with internal medical devices.
What to Know Before You Travel
- Security Screening
- Liquid Rules: 3-1-1 for Carry-Ons
- Acceptable Identification at the Checkpoint
- Prohibited Items
- Frequently Asked Questions